Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Civil Disobedience

Tiffany and I have been trying to retrain our dogs Diego and Salaye to stay off of the furniture.  We hope by doing this that we can some day get new furniture to keep nice; to invite guests into our home to sit and not walk away “hairy-fied.”  “How is that working,” you might ask.  Well, as you can see “someone” is not minding me.

photo (1)

Salaye only tends to disobey when it seems fitting that she can sit closer to me.  She yearns that connection because she seeks my comfort and companionship.  She hates not being near, and being on the floor next to me is not near enough.  I can feel her diaphragm pulsating against my side as she breathes, resting.

Where do you find rest?  Where is your comfort? Are you satisfied with being away from the Master, or are you willing by faith to step across the boundaries to meet Him where He is?  What barriers in your own life have you erected that hinders you from approaching or returning to the Father’s side?  He lovingly and patiently awaits your return with open arms.  Seek Him, and you’ll discover that He’s always been near.

No comments: